Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/46/d90804986/htdocs/anonymousphotoproject.com/html/blog/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 82
Well, after many many attempts and more attempts, I’ve finally had success in Vancouver! A camera was picked up, pictures taken, and it was returned. As I’ve mentioned before, it seems like Vancouver isn’t a random photo project kinda place – I’ve placed 8 cameras here throughout the years, and I’ve only received Camera #113 back.
Looks these guys had one helluva a day though. Okay, I might be making some big assumptions, but the guy above is wearing his red Andre the Giant shirt from breakfast at the beginning, all the way to the end.
This being the first camera received back from a place I know well, I went on a mission. A friend and I sifted through the pictures and came to the following conclusions:
- They started with breakfast at Caffe Barney on Main Street
- They then drove downtown, via Main + 2nd Avenue
- They then cut up a bunch of meat somewhere. Okay, this one isn’t much of a stretch since it’s right there in the pictures, but we think it happened at their next stop:
- Boneta in Gastown – one of the pics seems to have a bowl of meat on the counter…
- Then they closed up the evening at The Greedy Pig.
All this was possible through the clues in the pics – signs seen on the street, telltale countertops and curtains, and menu boards – and following up with Google Maps, Flickr, and the websites of the restaurants.
It’s amazing what can be figured out just from the pictures.
If anyone else out there has unreturned cameras from Vancouver, return them so I can do some more detecting!
Filed under: Returned — Tags: British Columbia, Cameras, Vancouver —